- 230 engine hp
- Integrated intelligence with AutoTrac™, StarFire™ receiver and more
- Choice of e23™ PowerShift or Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT™)
- Three cab and visibility packages available to customize your tractor
- Industry-leading power transfer with Cat 4 HD drawbar for heavier implements
John Deere 7R 230 Tractor
The Ultimate Comfort and Convenience package offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality. Features in this package include:
- CommandARM™ console with hitch and hydraulic integrated controls
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature controls
- Radio and volume controls
- Hitch control lever lock and selective control lever lock
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel with position memory
- Auto trac resume button
- iTEC™ engagement buttons
- 21.3-cm (8.4-in.) 4200 or 26.4-cm (10.4-in.) 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™ Display
- Digital cornerpost display with:
- Fuel level gauge, including low fuel warning
- Temperature gauge
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge, including low DEF warning
- Engine rpm
- Transmission commanded gear or wheel speed
- Vehicle system functions, such as iTEC system, that are operating
- Monitor mounts on right-hand front post and rear cab post
- Storage compartment underneath the instructor seat
- Left-hand ceiling storage compartment
- Refrigerator located on the left side behind the instructor seat
- Beverage holders sized to accommodate various containers
- Passive noise reduction system
- Premium sound system, including touchscreen radio, smartphone interface, AM/FM/WX, aux and Bluetooth® with voice control, inputs, XM® ready, six speakers with one subwoofer, and business band ready
- Three 12-V convenience outlets (cigarette lighter style)
- Six 12-V three-pin outlets with adapter (provides switched and unswitched power)
- Four charging USB ports
- 120-V AC power outlet
- One International Organization for Standardization (ISO) nine-pin connector
- Service ADVISOR™ data port
- Swing-out rear window that opens 30 degrees
- Laminated glass
- Two-speed and intermittent front, rear, and right-hand side wiper with washer
- Front, left and right-hand side, and rear pull-down sunshade
- Interior dome light in the ceiling
- Map lights
The seat improves ride quality and helps to reduce operator fatigue.
- Heat and ventilation to keep the operator at a comfortable temperature
- Adjustable bolsters
- Massage functionality
- Electronic controls to adjust to operator preference
- Pneumatic lumbar adjustment
- Seat height adjustments conveniently located below the left armrest
- Fore-aft adjustment is easy to reach, located below the left armrest
- Cushion length adjustment to get the perfect fit
- Swivel adjustment, located on the front of the seat, allows the seat to be swiveled 40 degrees to the right or 25 degrees to the left of the center position with a pivoting CommandARM console
- Seat can be configured with air seat suspension, ActiveSeat™ II suspension or air seat plus cab suspension
- Operator presence switch warns if the operator is out of the seat while operating key functions
- Seat belt retractor
- Centered cab seat provides excellent over-shoulder visibility
- Adjustable shock absorber permits ride adjustment from soft to firm to match the operator’s desired comfort level
- Removable cushions allow for easy cleaning
- Folding instructional seat
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. XM is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio, Inc.
Visibility is one of the most important attributes of the cab. While lighting is a large portion of that, features like windshield wipers, mirrors, sunshades, and cameras are also important to overall visibility. For this reason, John Deere offers three visibility packages on 7 and 8 Family Tractors:
The lighting configurations are available to match various applications and ensure maximum around-the-clock productivity.
Light housings are large, allowing for optimum total lumens and available light. The Select Visibility package uses 65-W halogen bulbs, whereas the Premium and Ultimate Visibility packages use light-emitting diode (LED) lights. The Premium and Ultimate Visibility packages replace Select Visibility package’s halogen lights with LED lights. The only lights that are not LED are the low-beam driving lights; they remain halogen. This allows each LED light to work at a lower temperature and no one light works harder than any other. The uniformity in LED coverage allows only one type of light output surrounding the tractor.
The lighting pattern in the Ultimate Visibility package provides industry-leading performance in nighttime visibility. LED lights provide maximum brightness and a true color output for excellent field definition that is easy on the operator’s eyes.
The LED lights provide 40 percent greater coverage width and 10 percent more light coverage in the rear. LED lighting packages use 45 percent less amps than standard halogen lights and have an increased life expectancy over HID lights which leads to lower costs of ownership over the life of the tractor.
The low- and high-beam driving/work lights are adjustable. Please refer to the electrical section in the Operator’s Manual for complete details on adjusting lights.
NOTE: Lighting packages may vary depending on region.
The John Deere Active Seat II utilizes an electrical control system to control the vertical seat top movement. The “active” control system minimizes vertical seat top acceleration by sensing vertical tractor inputs and actively positioning the seat top to cancel those inputs. This results in a significantly smoother ride for the operator.
The John Deere ActiveSeat II has many of the same features of the air suspension seat with the addition of a ride firmness switch. The ride firmness switch is located on the left-hand armrest and replaces the suspension shock-dampening seat attenuation lever on the front right-hand side of the seat controls.
The ride firmness switch has three positions: plus, minus, and mid position. The three positions provide three different levels of seat performance:
- The plus position provides the greatest degree of ride firmness. This position allows more of the tractor’s inputs to be felt by the operator (slightly rougher ride).
- The minus position provides the least degree of ride firmness, allowing minimal tractor inputs to reach the operator, resulting in maximum seat performance.
- The mid position allows a balance between the plus (+) and minus (-) settings.
The ActiveSeat II is also available as a heated and ventilated leather seat for increased comfort and easier cleaning. This is only available with the Ultimate Comfort and Convenience package. For tractor applications where operating speed is not limited by the implement, the ActiveSeat II can allow for faster field speeds and increased overall comfort and productivity.
The leather seat includes massaging capability to alleviate operator fatigue.
Right-hand seat swivel has been improved above current 8R Tractors to 25 degrees (versus 8 degrees) to the left and 40 degrees to the right in the Premium and Ultimate Comfort and Convenience packages.
NOTE: The John Deere ActiveSeat II is not available on track tractors.
The unique driving strategy is designed to deliver highest performance in combination with operator comfort making the daily work much easier and efficient.
- Pedal and joystick mode are active at the same time
- ActiveZero keeps the output speed actively at 0 km/h (0 mph) until command for acceleration is given independent of load or engine speed
- Command top and zero speed simply by one push or pull
- Unique inching control
- Three easily adjustable travel set speeds
- Two engine set speeds
- Three acceleration response settings
|Forward movement||Reverse movement|
|2||Top set speed||Zero speed|
|5||Activate set speed|
NOTE: The CommandPro control is only available on IVT transmissions.
The optional TLS Plus is a fully integrated, self-leveling front suspension system available on 7R Tractors equipped with the 1300 mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD) axle. TLS Plus provides exclusive front suspension using a hydro-pneumatic self-leveling system to increase productivity and improve ride dramatically. TLS Plus provides more control over the front suspension of the tractor.
TLS Plus increases both transport and field productivity with superior stability, ride, and comfort. Loader operators appreciate the enhanced performance when transporting bales or a full bucket of silage. In the field, the TLS Plus front suspension maintains ground-to-tire contact, enabling more power to the ground.
In the Generation 4 CommandCenter™ Display, the operator is able to select maximum pressure to accommodate for the transfer of heavy loads with minimal front axle movement.
The TLS Plus front axle is available with or without wet-disk front brakes. While TLS Plus is available on all 7R Tractors, it is a requirement for the following:
- 31 mph/50K e23™ transmission
- 31 mph/50K Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT™)
John Deere Connected Support is a proactive service approach that utilizes the telematics machine connection to leverage a suite of remote support tools available to improve service efficiency and reduce machine downtime on all 7, 8, and 9 Family Tractors.
- Proactive services that drive more uptime
- In-the-moment services to ensure quality job performance
- Leveraging technology to be more effective and efficient
You know that when you’re in the field the unexpected can happen. When it does, you need a quick resolution. That’s why John Deere equipment is prepared with technology that senses potential issues and can alert you promptly—in the cab or anywhere you are. Better yet, your dealer can receive alerts and connect to your equipment. You know your dealer is always ready to keep you farming – and farming better. Starting with model year 2020, your John Deere tractors will come with a 5-year JDLink™ subscription from the factory that makes this connection possible.
Stop fearing the unexpected and start planning for it with the following John Deere Connected Support tools.
Customer needs and their success is John Deere’s focus. As functionality becomes more accepted and even expected, that functionality moves from being optional to being included with the machine. In model year 2019, AutoTrac™ guidance and documentation was included on machines equipped with a 4600 CommandCenter™ Display. Five years of JDLink is also included with the purchase of all model year 2020 machines equipped with a 4G LTE Modular Telematics Gateway (MTG). The functionality of JDLink on these machines includes everything that was previously included with JDLink Access + Remote Display Access (RDA) and JDLink Connect subscriptions. This added connectivity enables customers to more easily realize the value of a connected machine.
- Easily transfer data and collaborate with trusted advisors to plan your field work quickly. You or your employees can spend more time in the field working rather than sitting on a headland setting up the technology. With a connection between John Deere Operations Center and your machines, changes to field plans occur as needed. Those changes may include changes in varieties, application rates, or machines.
- Better enable data-driven decisions. By using the insights gathered from machines along with the tools in Operations Center (e.g., Field Analyzer, Field Analyzer Beta, and Machine Analyzer) you can understand how your fields are performing and what field plans had an impact. John Deere Operations Center gives you access to more than 100 connected software tools, so you have the ultimate choice of popular industry tools. And, if you don’t want to analyze the data yourself, you can share the data with those that help you make decisions to provide the insights you need.
- Report work completed accurately and timely for compliance and billing purposes.
- Increase machine uptime with Connected Support. Your local John Deere dealer can provide remote monitoring services and diagnostics to help keep your machines up and running, reduce your maintenance expenses through early detection of problems, and provide over-the-air software updates for displays, receivers, and controllers.
- Get quick in-field support with RDA. You can monitor your machines from your office computer or a mobile device on the go.
- Remotely manage machines and employees to give you insights into how they are performing. If machines are being underutilized or field operations are not being properly conducted, you can put plans in place to improve productivity.
- Quickly make changes to improve your harvesting operations by remotely viewing and adjusting combine settings.
To use JDLink, the following is required:
- An active JDLink subscription
- A John Deere Operations Center account to access machine and agronomic data
The Generation 4 CommandCenter was designed to provide a consistent user experience by providing full-screen viewing of more run page modules, shortcut keys, and precision agriculture capabilities.
Expect easier set-up, along with increased operator confidence, thanks to a simple, customizable interface. The improved design of the Generation 4 CommandCenter also aids in an optimal operating experience and maximizes uptime.
In order to increase your efficiency, take advantage of the following features offered by the Generation 4 CommandCenter:
- Easily create page views that meet your needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
- Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings with a defined four-digit code.
- Gather on-screen help by selecting the help icon on the shortcut bar on the bottom of every page.
Language and units
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
- The Machine Monitor application provides you instantaneous readings about the status or condition of your machine.
- This application shows parameters such as engine speed, coolant temperature, and ground speed.
- The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
- You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
- Work setup places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
- Machines equipped with a 4200 CommandCenter are equipped with one video input, and the 4600 CommandCenter has four video inputs.
- You have the ability to set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the image will then appear on the display.
Video looping supported with Gen 4 4600 CommandCenter Display and 4640 Universal Display
- This feature enables users to scan or loop through all of the available video feeds for a specified duration. The default scan time is set to 7 seconds per image. The scan time is customizable per image allowing for consistent visibility to all video feeds.
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
- Manually drive field boundaries with the Generation 4 CommandCenter or import existing boundary information from the GreenStar 3 2630 Display or John Deere Operations Center. Gen 4 documentation data can be used to create boundaries from coverage within the John Deere Operations Center.
Automatic base station switching
- Customers using John Deere RTK Radio 450 or 900 can link a base station to a desired client,/ farm,/ or field. This allows automatic switching to the associated base station when changing fields. The ability to import base station assignments into Operations Center and send back to machines will be available at a later date.
- Generation 4 CommandCenter may be configured to run with the following John Deere displays connected at the cornerpost of a John Deere tractor:
- GreenStar 2 1800 Display
- GreenStar 2 2600 Display
- GreenStar 3 2630 Display
- 4640 Universal Display
- 4240 Universal Display
NOTE: Vehicle applications will always be located on the Gen 4 CommandCenter.
The 7 Family Tractors offer two front hitch options to best fit a variety of applications.
Standard (non-ground-engaging) hitch option for applications including, but not limited to:
- Front-mounted mowers, toppers, and snow blowers
- Carrying front seed hoppers and plow packers
- Carrying front ballast
- Operating light-draft implements
Premium (ground-engaging) hitch option for applications including, but not limited to:
- Operating primary tillage equipment and standard blades
Premium hitches include a push bar and heavier lift arms:
- Hitches with zero front auxiliary valves include one mid-mount valve.
- Hitches with one front auxiliary valve include two mid-mount valves.
- Hitches with two front auxiliary valves include three mid-mount valves.
To ensure adequate hydraulic availability, up to two selective control valves (SCVs) can be included with a front hitch.
Tractors equipped with a factory front hitch have the option of selecting a joystick control or paddle pot SCV controls. The joystick control is not compatible with the sixth rear electrohydraulic SCV because of the CommandARM™ controls space required for the front hitch joystick.
The John Deere StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver is the new standard in John Deere Precision Ag technology. The integrated design further enhances the value that you have come to expect from StarFire products.
The StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver eliminates all setup, installation, and calibrations. There is no need to verify machine and receiver measurements, as this has been done precisely for you at the factory. You will spend 60 minutes less per receiver move each season, which gives you more time to focus on other parts of your operation.
With updated Ethernet connectivity, software updates are easier and faster. StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver maintains the speed to update software in under 4 minutes while remaining in the cab. Over-the-air updates are 85 percent faster with the StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver because of Ethernet connectivity.