Van Wall and DMACC in Boone have partnered together to develop a technician education program that has a targeted start date of August of 2021. The new Power Equipment Tech Program is designed to focus primarily on the non ag equipment that Van Wall sells and service, and it will function in practice much like their current Ag Tech Program. Van Wall Equipment will be providing full-tuition scholarships for students who are accepted into the Power Equipment Tech Program.
- The Power Equipment Tech Program is a partnership between DMACC in Boone, IA and Van Wall Equipment.
- The program prepares students to be technically competent in the areas of electric, hydraulics, powertrains on gasoline and diesel equipment including residential, powersports, as well a commercial and light construction equipment.
- Hands-on training will be emphasized both in the classroom and in work-based training (apprenticeships) in our dealerships and service facilities in Central Iowa.
- Van Wall provides paid tuition and fees and a job lined up upon successful completion of this two-year A.A.S degree.
- Free Tuition*
- Paid On-the-Job Training
- Discounted tools
- Local Relationship with Central Iowa Locations
- DMACC – Boone, IA Campus
- 21 Month Program – AAS Degree
- Combination of Classroom, Shop and 4 On-the-Job Trainings
- Gain Practice Experiences with residential, Powersports as well as commercial and light construction equipment
- Able to become Silver Certified in Polaris
BENEFITS UPON GRADUATION
- Put your skills to use
- Job lined up upon graduation
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Long Term Health, HAS with Company Contribution
Van Wall Equipment includes a full tuition scholarship to candidates that achieve a Power Equipment Technician degree. To complete their degree, students will attend Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) in Boone, IA and the CITECenter on the Farm Progress grounds in Boone, IA.
The program will prepare students to be technically competent in the areas of electric, hydraulics, powertrains on gasoline and diesel equipment including residential, powersports, as well as commercial and light construction equipment. Hands-on training will be emphasized both in the classroom and in work-based training (apprenticeships) in our dealerships and service facilities in central Iowa. Students will also complete academic courses that develop skills needed to work collaboratively. With Van Wall, all the time spent working at the dealerships for the on-the-job training component of the program is paid at a standard hourly rate. Additionally, students will have an opportunity to achieve raises during their program by meeting set academic standards.
If you are interested in the Power Equipment Tech Program or would like more information please fill out the form below.